Yesterday, I was craving for noodle soup, but I could not find a good noodle restaurant near me. 😭Haiz! It seemed like I had to make the noodle soup myself.😩 I searched the Internet and Google-sama had helped me to find an easy-to-make noodle soup recipe. However, I adjusted the recipe to make the noodle more chewy (Well, I like chewy food :3.) And Yahooooooooo I succeeded.😮 My noodles were chewy, not soggy. The soup was tasty. My family loved it so much that there was no leftover 😏 And today, I want to share the recipe with you so that you can also make the chicken noodle soup for your beloved family ^_^
Ingredients: (4 servings)
* For the noodles:
– 3 cups of all purpose flour
– 1 cup of potato starch
NOTE: The total amount of flour is 4 cups. However, you can adjust the potato starch and all purpose flour ration. It depends on how chewy you want your noodles are. For example, if you want chewy noodles, you add more potato starch. And vice versa.
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 1/4 cup of water
* For the stock: (If you do not have time to make the stock, you can use chicken broth instead. The soup still tastes good.)
– 1 lb chicken breast (I used chicken breast here but you can use chicken drumstick or any part of the chicken)
– 16 cups of water
– 16 peeled garlic gloves
– 1 large peeled onion
* For garnish:
– Chopped green onion
– Chopped coriander
– Ground black pepper
* For seasoning:
– Fish sauce
– Mix all the ingredients needed for the noodles into a mixing bowls.
– Knead the dough by hand until it becomes one lump.
– Put it in a plastic and let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes.
– While waiting for the dough to get softer, put all the ingredients needed for the stock into one big pot and boil for one hour with high heat.
– After 10 minutes, take the dough out of the plastic bag and knead for 5 minutes, then put it back into the bag and let it sit for another 10 minutes. Kneading it in stages like this, and storing it in the plastic bag between sessions will make it soft and pliable.
– After 1 hour of boiling, strain the stock. Add salt and fish sauce to stock to taste. Set aside.
– Pull the chicken into small pieces.
– Mash the garlic cloves, mix with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Set aside.
– Knead the dough again for 5 minutes.
– Roll the dough until it is 1/16 inch (1-2mm) thick. Remember to sprinkle some flour when rolling the dough to prevent it from sticking.
– Fold the dough and cut it into thin noodles. Sprinkle some flour to the dough when folding so that it will not stick when we cut.
– Sprinkle some flour to the noodles so that they do not stick.
– Bring the stock to boil and add the noodles. Stir with a spoon.
– Cook the noodles until they float and the stock boils again. Turn of the heat or turn down to very low heat.
– Put the cooked noodles in a large bowl with the stock. Place the pulled chicken on top.
– Garnish with chopped green onions and coriander.
– Add ground black pepper.
This dish should be served while it’s hot ♨
Above is the recipe for chicken noodle soup. I hope it can warm you and your family up this cold winter. Enjoy the dish and see you next time 👋