Hm…My refrigerator is full again. And I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy food. How can I “partially” clean up my refrigerator? *Ding 💡* Why don’t I make something from what I have in the refrigerator? What a great idea! Then I can clean up my refrigerator while I don’t have to think what to eat today 😼 Let’s see what I have: meat, a piece of tofu, carrot, eggs, wood ear mushroom, some vegetables…What should I make? *Ding…Ding…Ding* Fried Meat Patty. Yayyyyy! We have all the ingredients we need. Let’s get to work 👏
– 1/2 pound ground pork (you can use beef or chicken. If you are a vegetarian, you can use shiitake mushroom or king oyster mushroom or both)
– 4 oz of tofu
– 2 cloves of garlic – minced
– 1 minced shallot (you can use onion instead)
– 2 tbs chopped carrots
– 1 egg
– 2 tbs chopped wood ear mushroom
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 2 tsp corn starch
– Cooking oil
– Put the tofu in a paper towel and squeeze out any excess water.
– Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, in one bowl until it gets a little sticky. This will make the patties a little chewy (not chewy like gummy bear :3 )
– Divide the mixture into 16 pieces.
– Make each piece into a ball and press it until it is 1/4 inch thick. Slightly press the center of the patty so that when we fry the patty, the center will pop-up and make the patty look beautiful.
– Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
– Add some cooking oil and tilt the pan to spread the oil.
– Wait until the oil is hot (dip the chopsticks or turner into the oil. If you see small bubbles around the chopsticks or turner, the oil is ready), put the patties into the oil.
– Remember: work in batches so you can control the patties.
– Fry the patties for a few minutes until they turn golden brown, then flip them over and fry for a few more minutes until the bottom is golden brown. Add more oil if needed.
– After the patties are cooked, transfer them to a serving plate.
The fried meat patties can be served hot with rice as a side dish or you can serve them alone.
Voilà! Our fried meat patties are done. Very easy to make, but very delicious to eat. Let’s make some hot patties for you family today and I’m sure they will love them (and you!)