Today, when I went to the farmers market, I saw them selling very very fresh mung bean sprouts. I suddenly thought of mung bean sprout salad, a very delicious Korean side dish. Gosh! I could not resist so I bought 1 lb of mung bean sprouts and some green onions to make the salad.
We have the ingredients here. What are we waiting for? Let’s do it.
– 1 lb of mung bean sprouts.
– 1 tbs minced garlic
– 2 tsp fish sauce
– 1 tsp salt (I like salty food so I use 1 tsp here. However, you can adjust the saltiness to your taste)
– 3 chopped green onions
– 1/2 tbs sesame oil (since this is a Korean dish, sesame oil is needed. However, you can reduce the amount sesame oil if you do not like its smell)
– 1 tsp toasted sesame seed
– Boil a big pot of water.
– Blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for 1 minute.
– Strain and rinse the blanched bean sprouts in cold water to keep them crispy.
– Shake the bean sprouts in water to remove their skins and put them in a basket.
– Mix the minced garlic, fish sauce, salt, chopped green onions, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a big bowl.
– Add the bean sprouts to the mixture and mix gently.
– Transfer them to a serving plate and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top.
This dish can be served cold. You can keep it in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
This side dish only takes you about 10 minutes to make. Very quickly but very delicious. A perfect side dish for your family’s meal or your lunch box 😉
|My dinner: rice, mung bean sprout salad, fried meat patties|