It’s weekend! It’s time for family reunion. Yay! σ(≧ε≦ｏ) Since I will be quite busy today (to play with kids(⌯˃̶᷄ ᴗ̂ ॣ˂̶᷄⌯ั)) I will just cook something quick and easy but delicious and nutritious. Hot pot is a good nominee for today. It is easy, quick, delicious. Moreover, you family can gather around the table, eat and talk and enjoy the warm food.
Let’s get to work (ง’̀-‘́)ง
- Beef brisket
- Fish cake
- Fish fillet
- Mushroom (enoki, shiitake,…)
- Chicken broth
Note: For the ingredients, you can choose any ingredients (any meat, any vegetables) that you and your family like. You can skip the meat and replace it with tofu and more mushrooms if you are vegetarians. You can add chili paste to make the broth spicy. You can adjust the taste to your like.
- Prepare all the ingredients except chicken broth (rinse, slice the meat or cut the vegetables into bite size)
- Put the meat and vegetables on separate plates.
- Heat up the chicken broth until it boils and keep it hot. To do this, you can put a pan on a portable stove and serve it on the table. For me, I use a deep skillet.
- When you begin to eat, put the meat in the broth until it is cooked. For the beef brisket, you do not want to overcook it. You just need to dip it in the broth for a couple minutes until it is not pink anymore. Same for vegetables.
- You can eat it with noodles.
This dish is served best when hot.
Soooo that’s it! Very easy yet delicious and nutritious. If you think so, why don’t you try to do this in your next family reunion? It will warm not only your body but also your heart.
Thank you for visiting. See you next time \(^ _ ^)/