I went to a restaurant last week with my family. And man! Their sweet potato fries were delicious. They were crispy. They were crunchy. They were so good that I just kept ordering and ordering more. Today, when I went to the supermarket, I saw them selling sweet potatoes. They were very fresh and looked delicious. I immediately thought about making sweet potato fries so I decided to buy some. In my opinion, if I can make sweet potato fries at home, I can eat them whenever I want to without going to the restaurant. Imagine you do not need to wear jeans and shirt, just your favorites pjs, sitting on the couch, watching movie while enjoying your crispy sweet potato fries. That’s life!（*´▽｀*)
We have sweet potato. We are energetic. Let’s get to work (ง’̀-‘́)ง
– 1 lb of sweet potato
– All purpose flour
– Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into long, thick strips. Put the strips into a bowl of water with a little bit of sugar. This will prevent the sweet potato strips from being oxidized and getting brown.
– Drain the water.
– Put all the sweet potato strips into a big zip lock bag (or you can put them in a plastic bad and tie the bag) with all purpose flour. I do not give a specific amount of flour here. You just put enough flour to cover ALL your sweet potato strips.
– Shake the bag.
– Heat the oil.
– When the oil is hot (there are bubbles around your chopsticks when you put them in the oil), put the sweet potato strips into the oil one strip by one strip so that they do not stick to each other. Lower the heat to medium.
– When the sweet potato strips turn into golden brown, take them out and put them on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
OPTIONS: You can choose one of these or none
– Sprinkle the fries with sugar while they are still hot
– Sprinkle the fries with paprika
This dish is best when served right after you make it. You can reheat the fries by putting them in the oven and baking for just 5-10 minutes.
Just like french fries, you can dip sweet potato fries with any dipping sauce that you like. However, for me, I just eat them the way they are so that I can enjoy the sweetness of the potato mixing with the crunchiness.
You can try my recipe and make delicious sweet potato fries for your family, especially your kids. This is a delicious snack (yet safe because you make it yourself (｡•̀ᴗ-)✧) that they cannot resist. My mouth is salivating while I am writing this post. I need to warm up my beloved sweet potato fries then enjoy them. I can’t wait.
See you next time! (⁎ ✪͡ ◡͐✪͡ ⁎)ﾉ”